The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy in their writing.
Since I really dove into this community last fall, I have met some wonderful people online and have come to appreciate the work and dedication people have in this field and ministry. I am very excited to receive this award from a fellow blogger who has also recognized the contribution others have made to growing the Lord’s kingdom and supporting other writers.
The questions that I was asked are as follows:
- What is peace to you? How do you find it? The Lord is the ultimate source of peace. It took me almost 40 years to figure that out and I still struggle at times, but I know the truth and try to live by this truth as much as possible. Stress likes to distort things a bit at times, but I am fighting back with God on my side. I find this peace in prayer, following the Lord’s will, study, being out in nature, and focusing on growing the kingdom first at home and then branching out from there.
- What one country would you love to visit someday? I have been thinking about this more and more recently. I use dream of Paris in the Springtime. But now I am leaning towards the laid back Malta. My soul seems a bit more at rest with the warm sun and salty air.
- What inspires you? My family inspires me. Husband and children are a given, but my mom is a close second. She works hard, and serves in her church while loving on her family, even from a distance.
- How many children do you have, and what is your favorite Mommy moment? I have four busy kiddos. My favorite mommy moment is all of them. Maybe not the sleepless nights and frustrating temper tantrums in years two through four, but everything else is so precious. I always tell my youngest to never grow up, stay little, but that’s because innocence prevails and he’s so full of liveliness. Each season is special.
- If you could choose any superpower, what would it be? Well, I am already a ninja, so no need for anything else. I think the power to work on empty would be good, or super speed would also be good. The Power to Stay Focused would be excellent.
- Do you collect anything? I am apparently a rock collector and didn’t know it. There’s a growing pile outside my door. I do collect trinkets from around the world. I have spoons, shot glasses, vases, knickknacks, pictures, scarves, and all sorts of things. I was thinking about taking a shelf, putting up these things and creating a sign with the verse:
Matthew 28:19 NIV Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
I remind myself that I don’t have to step foot in a new land, to grow the kingdom. I can do it right from my kitchen table. Our mission field is not just far and wide, sometimes it’s small and right in front of us.
- What do you love most about blogging? I enjoy expressing thoughts on hope, joy, frustrations, and life along with inviting others to learn right along with me. I have also enjoyed the many new people I have met along the way.
- What is your favorite holiday, and why? Easter and Christmas are my favorites. They go together for obvious reasons. It’s a full circle celebration. I do really enjoy Thanksgiving and the many reasons of thankfulness that we can pour into it.
- What is your favorite family tradition? My favorite tradition is lighting the Advent candles and reading Scripture.
- What is one thing you wish your readers knew about you or your blog? I have wanted to write since I was a child and I am scared to write a book. Maybe it’s fear of rejection or timidity in stepping out. My blog helps me to still write, reach people, and gives me an outlet to share a small ministry with others. I hope to get past my self-doubt and write that book or ten. I would like to start with a book of devotions and go from there.
- What was your favorite subject in school when you were a kid? I enjoyed English and music class the best of all through school. I liked being in musicals and singing in choral concerts.
Here are my Nominees for the Sunshine Award:
(Please note that I am recognizing these writers for the encouragement they give me as a blogger or that are new to me and I would like to recognize their contribution to the blogging world. I do not want to pressure anyone to participate, but I would like my readers to go check them out and show some love by following their blogs or social media platforms)
- Fresh Grace For Today
- Grandma Mary Martha
- Diana’s Diaries
- Hyla and Peter Echols
- Down Aspen Lane
- Keeping My Promise, Justin
- Coffee and Grace
- Arnold the Praying Penguin
- The Breezy Porch
Questions for the Nominees:
- What is peace to you? How do you find it? Do you have a favorite Bible verse or saying about peace?
- What one country would you love to visit someday?
- What inspires you?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- If you could meet a famous person, who would it be?
- Do you collect anything?
- What do you love most about blogging?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- What is your favorite family tradition?
- What is one thing you wish your readers knew about you or your blog?
- Do you have a favorite book?
Suggested rules for the award, but again, please simply accept and don’t feel pressured to participate:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new or new to you blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.